The International Federation of Journalists is the global voice of journalists
Founded in 1926 and representing 600,000 professional journalists in 190 affiliated national journalists trade unions and associations in 140-plus countries, the IFJ:
- Organises collective action to support journalists’ unions in their fight for fair pay, decent working conditions and in defence of their labour rights.
- Promotes international action to defend media freedom and social justice through strong, free and independent trade unions of journalists.
- Promotes quality journalism, ethical standards and professional rights
- Fights for gender equality in all its structures, policies and programmes.
- Opposes discrimination of all kinds and condemns the use of media as propaganda or to promote intolerance and conflict.